Could I move to Florida with only  14,000? ?

So this fall I’m planning to move in a penthouse at Florida. I saw some of the apartments online  and I see some for only 800. I live in New York now., is 14,000 enough with just me? I will be turning 28 this fall.. I’m over the north east and dealing with the snow and stuff I want a pool in my backyard, beaches lol 

That should be okay if you have a job lined up for when you get there.

So you had $400 and now you have $14,000...

You must have a great job, are they hiring?

• Kathy

With utilities costing extra, it would cost you over $1,000 a month for the apartment. Then you would need food and other things. That money would not last you very long.

Do you have a job lined up? Any experience with roommates? How much stuff do u have? 

Speaking from personal experience, interstate moves easily get in the thousands of dollars.

Do you have a valid license? Outside big cities, Florida doesn't have much for public transit.

ps: 800 most likely doesn't include utilities. I used to  have an apt for 500, which ended up 

being about 700 with air conditioning, internet, cable, water. Things can add up pretty quick.

Sure if you wanna be weird like most of people who live there. Florida is the sunset state but also known for it's weird and strange residents there. Most people from other states want to move there thinking it's going to be paradise only to find out it's full of weird people doing weird things. It's hot and humid there, people are constantly pissed off about something, wacky drivers with road rage, murders and many more. Have fun moving to one of the weirdest states in America!