Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

How can I find out what university or college program will be great for me? ?

I am a 25 year old woman wanting to go back to school. I’ve only completed high school in 2012. I have a learning disability. I don’t know what university or college program will be great for me. 

3 Answers

  • DON W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Generally, people who have been out of school for a while should consider resuming their studies at a local community college.  The community college is also better at advising students about their options, is cheaper than a 4-year school, and may have ready resources for someone with a learning disability.

    Find the name of your local community college, and read their website.  If it works well for you, after a few semesters you can consider transferring to a 4-year school.

  • Stella
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Get a course catalog from your local community college.

    Look at what they offer and the requirements.

    See if anything inspires you.

  • Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    You need to make an honest list of your strengths or aptitudes  and personal interests.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.