How many of you, lied or exaggerated to get to your high paying job?

I am trying to crack the codes for life.

How many of you got your high paying jobs, or well paying jobs, through honesty?

How many of you lied to get your way to the top?

I didnt ask about owning your own business.

So the answer Anonymous is fishing for is that they want to prove that people somehow lie to get into a high paying job.

The reality is that even if you lie, you get caught out the first assignment you get....and you get fired....

Which is probably what has happened to THIS anonymous.

I worked well at every job I have had and I honestly got here through fine work, integrity and taking the time to learn new skills that are both useful to my job and show that I am a dynamic person.

Most would consider me to have a good paying job.  There's no way it's at 'the top' though.  I never lied to get it.  I was careful how I stated things on my resume and how I answered questions in the interview, but I absolutely never lied.  I built experience and skills to be a desired candidate.  If I didn't know something they asked, I was honest and then tried to gently spin my other related experience to show that I could pick up the missing areas.  

Of course, if you don't jump companies often then you don't have to explain yourself in an interview.  Your performance on the job and drive gets you recognized and promoted.  

never had a high paying one. i was never dishonest in my career.