Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Why do religious people want everyone to have kids?

Whenever I tell people I don't want kids, the most religious of my coworkers often go on a rant about how their kids are their world to them and I will change my mind one day because they used to think like me when I was their age

Favorite Answer

Some religious people want you to be as poor, superstitious and miserable as they are.   Children contribute to all 3 of those.

Misery loves company. 

As a child-free person by choice, I have learned not to speak to anyone about my personal business unless I WANT to hear the BS propaganda about children.

I love my life without money-sucking doody geysers and don't care what anyone else thinks.

• ?

Religion is big business. Religion doesn't have much going for it. Many more people are leaving religion, than are converting. To remain  fiscally sound, religion requires numbers. BIG numbers of members. Since their numbers are going down, from attrition, they must artificially inflate their population through a high birth rate.

I don't.  Not everyone is ready to be a parent.  But being a husband and a father added entire dimensions to my life.

It's because of it's written in the novel they call: Bible. And they feel forced obey to it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Jake

Sex is for procreation and is only to take place in a valid marriage between one spouse of each gender--God only created two genders--not using artificial methods of birth control and open to creating new life.

Your coworkers should shut their foul mouths.

My experience is that most folks will choose to have kids at some point, and parents are often obsessed with their children, and thus with raising kids and parenting.  I don;t see any information in the question which links to religion.  The Abrahamic faiths are built on pro-natal ideals, and really are fairly pushy about having kids (and in their religion, you can't have sex without having kids, really), but there are lots of other religions which don't push having kids.  So...without knowing your coworkers, I would say that based on what you've written, it's not a religious thing, but rather a parenting thing.  Misery loves company, as they say!

It's all about the love... and you will.

The Bible nowhere mandates that every married couple have children. Couples are free to use non-abortive forms of birth control to avoid having children. Just be sure that if you do end up pregnant, you deal with the situation. If that happens, then it is God's will for you to have a child even if it wasn't something you had originally planned. Abortion is always wrong.

Do you know where you are going when you die? The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

It sounds like you hate life, most don't