Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Come on, stop trying to hit me and hit me! Was this the wrong line to use in The Matrix?

(when Neo and Morpheus are fighting/training) 

The reason i ask is because sometimes there are white people watching and their like "The black man raising his voice and giving a white man orders?? No!"  Then it leads to them boycotting the movie in future sales, or even sending Lawrence Fishborne death threats.

• Imp
    Favorite Answer

The kind of people who do that are more into race relations and threatening people then they are into movies!

What kind of moron are you?  Literally NO ONE interpreted that line the way you just did except you.  Matrix was a huge hit.  I don't know what it's done in sales since, but if they're not excellent, I promise you that two GARBAGE sequels that diluted the brand had more to do with it than Laurence Fishburne.

Also, the line is basically a modern equivalent of Yoda's 'Do or do not.  There is no try.'

• JuanB

Stop trying to troll me and troll me.

You are right.  It would have been softer impact if he was Yoda and said:  Do or do not.  There is no try.