Why is the Bible so hard to Read and Understand?

I never had read the Bible before although I don't know if I am saved or not but a woman did noited me with oil on my forehead and told me to repeat verses after she said it. She also said when I die that my favorite flower will grow around my casket. Then she told me I saved!  This has been since 2010 possibly

I was going through a hard time after losing my aunt. I got anxiety, panic attacks and worthiness that I still battle with today.I just been lost recently about the Bible not understanding it. Just been feeling down and on top of that. My mother in law is hyprocrite telling my husband and I a bunch of non sense things and then she acts like she didn't say it.

• Paul

Yes, it can be hard to understand, which is why Protestantism, which supposedly teaches from the Bible alone, has fragmented into thousands of conflicting denominations in a few hundred years, over their contradictory interpretations of the Bible. But God never intended us to be subject to such confusion. Which is why He founded just one Church, said it was to remain one , and promised that one Church the fullness of God's truth until the end of time. That one Church compiled the Bible from its own writings (and early Jewish writings), and declares that these 73 texts are the inspired Word of God. Therefore God Himself declares it to be so. Because of that divine promise of truth in its teaching, that one Church (which includes well over half of all Christians) remains one in belief, one in teaching, one in worship, one in biblical understanding after 2,000 years. You just can't beat God's plan.

Please visit jw.org for help in understanding the bible.

Living languages change over the centuries.  We just don't talk like that any more.  I suggest reading the King James Bible (I haven't seen one better, unless it's the Inspired Version), using Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible to look up unfamiliar or strange words.

You learn a lot just through reading and thinking things through.  It takes a few times through Isaiah, for example, before one gets familiar with his style and sees what he means.

The Book of Mormon, the necessary second witness of Christ, is written much more understandably.

It depends upon many factors. For one, half of Americans read at or below the ninth grade level. Add to that the spiritual nature and wording of scripture, and many people cannot manage it successfully. Most people have difficulties with it and for this reason find preachers and teachers to tell them what it means. And not all of them get it right.

But don't let this discourage you. 

How to Read and Understand the Bible in 4 Simple Steps

https://www.christianity.com/bible/how-to-read-and...

God gives understanding.

Why are you reading it?  To support wrong views? Or because you are concerned for your sin? If the latter He will show you what you need.

Yes, it can only be understood by those whom the HOLY SPIRIT indwells

Not hard to "Read and understand."  Eph. 3:4, 5:17, 2 Cor. 1:13.

It get easier as you become more familiar with it.

This is why I am Catholic and mostly we sing songs and observe some holidays i do not always understand but it makes sense to not read the Bible too much and just review a few scriptures that give you peace of mind.  I used to read the same ones every night when I was sad lots.  Then once when I was really mad read the whole book of proverbs so my attitude got better. 

• Dze

its spiritually understood .. try asking God for understanding ..