Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Isn't it SAD that children and the elderly In Baltimore CAN'T be outside during the sweltering heat to get some relief lest they beMurdered?

Source:

Excuse me, but BEIRUT is the least of my concerns, huh?

Homicide is a 'devastating plague' on black communities, and ...www.baltimoresun.com › opinion › op-ed › bs-ed-op-0...

Apr 3, 2020 - The reality is that homicides in major cities including Baltimore are not race neutral. Of the more than three hundred people killed in the streets of ...

Favorite Answer

I lived in the DC/Baltimore area back in the 1990s when "Charm City" routinely competed with Detroit for the title of "Murder Capital of America"....there's a reason the award-winning series "Homicide" is based in Baltimore...

During one 3-hour baseball game at Oriole Park, it was common to see a dozen or more helicopters fly overhead....locals explained that those were shuttling gunshot victims to the nearby Johns Hopkins Shock Trauma Unit...

A guy that worked at Johns Hopkins told me that the U.S. Army would often send medics in training to their trauma unit because it was the only place outside active combat zones they could getl experience treating wounds from military-grade small arms.

Again, this was all during the "Boom Years" of the Clinton Presidency when the city was enjoying a renaissance downtown and a lot of people were getting very rich keeping violence contained in certain "controlled pockets" as opposed to actually addressing the issues within them...