Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

What is a good dog food that isn’t so expensive? Is Cesar dog food good? ?

I feed my dog a raw food diet, she has never been sick and her skin and coat are soft and shiny.

Nature's Domain from Costco. 

Price (In my opinion): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quality:⭐⭐⭐⭐☆

I'd suggest what's a 'good dog food' isn't necessarily governed by price.  Rather, avoid a cereal based food (and rice is still a cereal), choosing one that lists meat, or fish, as the first (main) ingredient.  Add into that the one that your dog does best on (trial and error) and by what a good reputable breeder recommends.   Be aware that vets promote food that I don't regard as 'good' because they are encouraged to do so (paid!).   And some breeders too, use food that I'd not use.   My late Basset was reared on a vet-recommended brand which lists Maize as the first ingredient!   Likewise with the other one vets promote.

• Amber

I only know UK brands really and the ones that are good quality in the US are very expensive. I don't feed my dog any kind of dog meat or biscuit as her food is home cooked as it's the cheapest solution for me. I live on my own and eat a healthy diet and food kept getting wasted, so I decided to switch her to the same as I eat and just add in a few extras she needs.

I ask my VET what my dogs should be eating.  For her breed - GSD - and size - 130 pounds - Caesar would be VERY expensive.