Why did my ex kiss me only because he was lonely?

He kissed me really deeply for like a whole minute and then kept flirting with me throughout the day (we’ve been apart for 5 months) but when I got home he stopped talking to me and later on than that he told me he only kissed me because he was lonely ... why would you do something like that ? I live quite far away too and he asked me to come to meet him because he missed me so much. We also sat and he hugged me a lot but then when I got home he was so rude and telling me he doesn’t care about feelings.

Favorite Answer

I'm sure he cares about feelings, otherwise he wouldn't have spent time with you.  I think he still likes you very much but maybe thinks things wouldn't work out in the long-term.  Maybe it was a bit selfish of him to kiss you and flirt, etc.  I suppose it's up to you to decide about that for yourself. 

I hope you're doing ok.  If you're uncomfortable with the whole thing and want to move on, maybe no contact and distance would be best for you.  You'll have to decide.  Take care too

I think he cares for you a lot and is angry you live away and can't see you all the time. Maybe he's mean because he's more angry at himself for not having the guts to tell you how he really feels. 

you don't mean anything to him. you were easy to manipulate and keep your feelings at bay so he can feel meaningful in life to know that someone is still hung up on him. you gave him power.