Was it best to ask neighbor to close door to avoid an accident?

I had a tight parking spot. My neighbor's door was open and I asked her if she can close it. She said no twice and I explain I don't want to hit your car door. She finally closed it half way as I drove into my spot.  

You should have pulled in far as you could, blocking the damned fool's door to give them some idea of consequences, then eyeball her until she caught on, and racing the engine to gas them with exhaust.

I've seen people who just can't seem to live with a door closed, and that includes the house doors. Their house is always full of flies and the yard filled with men drinking beer all day. When they go shopping they leave the car door open and let their kids run all over the lot like it's a playground.

Don't do like I said. It was best to ask, though the bastard wasted your time being obstinate.

They never really learn, regardless of consequences. School was wasted on them. Stacking boxes is as smart as they ever become. Stick a gun in their face and they shout, "Go on and shoot me." That's how it was in the back woods where they came from.

By law, when someone opens the car door in your way, causing you to hit the door it's judged their fault and they are liable for all the damage. They might lie, but you can lie better.

It's not wrong, but HOW you asked might have been offensive. 

• Erik

She was wrong.  Closing the car door in that situation is just common courtesy.  Some people are just jerks.