Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicRadio · 1 month ago

What do you think of radio stations that play the same 50 songs or so?

all day, every day?

Why do they continue to do this when there is the internet and satellite radio with huge playlists?

Because people are like sheep. They follow what their friends listen to.

• Edna

None of the radio stations I listen to play music from the 1950's - almost all "oldies" radio stations play music from the 60''s, 70's, and 80's.

• chorle

I am a lot better with it now that I listen to more audiobooks, talk radio, and podcasts than music radio. I do admit I am a little jealous that you have a radio station that you have a radio station that plays a whole 50 songs that seems about 35 more than the music stations in the east bay. My sons even put the chick rock station on the car auto tune so they would have a bigger play list. 

Likely they know you only listen when you are in the car and not like the 80s and 90s when people would listen to the radio for hours. 

They get paid to promote certain songs.  It's called top 40 radio.

My car only has radio option. I'm constantly flipping stations because not only do they repeat songs but most of them suck!

It means they have limited funds.