how can I erase my mine laptops sign in password as it is faaulty as has to go back to be returned to factory settings?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

what is faulty about it? what happens? can you log in to yours or a different account?

• 2 months ago

Going back to a hard disk's factory settings will clean it off of everything ever done since the laptop left its factory.  Your account, its password, any documents or programs added since before it was sold to you will be gone.

Factory reset uses a compressed original of the C:\ drive (where Windows OS runs).  This original is on a hidden partition of the hard disk.  Normally nothing is written to it, so it has not changed from when the laptop was assembled and first set up at the maker's.  With no hint from you which laptop and OS you have, that is a safe guess.If you are worried about anything remaining, the hard drive can be deep cleaned with a program that writes and erases all of it many times.  Search Internet how to.  But that is not recommended if it "has to go back" for exchange or refund or credit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.