Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

How can a beginner learn to eat/tolerate spicy pepper/food as aiming for the top chillis?

Hey there,

I am writing this after long thinking.

I always hated spicy food, and couldn’t torlate it , unlike my friends and family which does.

It makes me jealous when my friends / family able to eat the “spicy” things outside while I always have to evade it.

For example , I’ll show u two pictures of a normal peppers that people eat  almost daily / at restaurants without problems 

1.Spicy green pepper

2.Hungarian aux pepper

(Photo below )

If I taste them , I am burn as hell and feel like dying haha. and it’s very low SHU, which I feel very disappointed of myself.

Even when I eat hot snacks like Doritos, chips and chitos, it not easy and a bit burn that I need to drink bro relief.

-👹CONTINUE ON THE COMMENTS, reached max chars for the post -👹

Industrial Microwave Oven from https://loyalfoodmachine.com

There is only one way to get used to eating hot food, and that is to eat it. No other way around it. Start with something low on the Scoville scale and work your way up once you have built a tolerance to what you are trying. Also, never drink water, always drink milk or a yogurt drink. They are better to contain the heat. Here is a website that will give you a ranking of peppers from easiest to hottest.

https://pepperjoe.com/pages/hot-pepper-heat-scale

A little at a time.

And remember, if your mouth is burning, the best cure is dairy - milk or yoghurt. Beer seems good but it's only temporary. That's why Indians drink "lassi" - liquid yoghurt. It takes the burn away.

• kswck2

You either Like spicy foods or you hate it. I don't see the point of eating food that is SO spicy, that you cannot taste the food itself-just the spice. Spices are supposed to Compliment food, not replace it. 

• Goerge

I don't think you can because that's like trying to get used to being burned and a person's worth doesn't lie in there ability to enjoy spicy foods.  

I wonder if the “long thinking” has worked. Maybe you should have gone for quality rather than quantity?

• CB

A little at a time daily is the only way to build up tolerance - when you can eat doritos hot etc, without feeling burn time to move up.

Carefully; a month of easing in to it.