Is it breastfeeding?

I had my son March 13 and have breastfeed since the beginning. I have had a period every month after since but this month it didn't come. Using pull out method but pregnancy test are negative. I'm only 4 days late.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Pull-out method is not a real method to prevent pregnancy. If you don't want to become pregnant then you will have to use condoms or birth control.

• 1 month ago

If the tests are negative, you are not pregnant at this time.  Could you end up pregnant and be testing too early?  Sure. 

Pulling out is not birth control.  Neither is breastfeeding unless you meet all LAM requirements, which you do not because your period has returned.

Could breastfeeding be causing a later ovulation and later period?  Sure.  So could any other hormonal change.  So could having something different for lunch.  Or pretty much anything else you can name, because anything can impact your cycle.

• 1 month ago

My friend breastfed her first and used pull out method and 10 months later 2nd baby was born, same with 3rd and 4th and all the way to her 8th - try test when period is 7 days late, Good Luck

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pulling out isn't birth control.

Breastfeeding can stop ovulation - but not always.

Since you have been breastfeeding but still having periods all this time, it would be a little strange that breastfeeding would stop your periods now when it hadn't before.

Take a pregnancy test once per month until you either get a period or a positive test.

Breastfeeding might have stopped or delayed the current ovulation.  That will either stop or delay your period.  Delayed ovulation would also delay a positive test if conception happens when ovulation happens.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.