I like to fill out applications for Green Card extensions and Naturalization  ?

I’m a 27 year old female. I studied 3 years in college but never got the opportunity to finish because of having kids got in the way. 

Can I open an office and help people with their green card and naturalization applications?? Do I need to have a degree or license?? Its just a hobby I’m very good at it. Any advice?? 

I also like to help people apply for Medicaid and food stamp... 

Thanks in advance! 

4 Answers

  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    You must have a law degree & be admitted to state & federal bars (immigration is federal law). You'd also need to be a member of the immigration attorneys' organization, AILA. It is illegal to provide any legal advice to anyone unless you are an attorney admitted to the bar in the state where you operate. Since you have not graduated from university with a bachelor's degree yet, you cannot apply for admission to law school. 

  • 5 months ago

    You would be a paralegal employed by an immigration lawyer although in practice you would do all the work as they pass off all their work to paralegals.  It's a sleazy business.  Your time would be billed at $100 an hour and you would be paid $10 an hour.  If you decide to open your own business you will need a JD, which you can do at night school once you have your undergraduate degree.  Oh and unless you are bilingual, forget it.   The number of English speaking people needing assistance is exactly zero.  We all know how to read.

  • ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    The world is rife with so called "consultants" that basically try to do this with no licensing. Do bear in mind though that many such people are prosecuted each year for implying that they're somehow lawyers. 

  • Susie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    So you’re going to charge these people who are so poor that  they need Medicaid and welfare???  Or is this volunteer service?? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.