How do I get my friends to like me again?

My friends and I got into a big fight and I said sorry, but they wont exept it. I have issues and cut myself and I really don't want to do it again. How do I fix this?

Be nice I suppose........

• Robert

Don't get into fights

• blank

Hey Vickie - thanks for posting.

You have apologized and that is all you can do.  You cannot "make" someone/anyone feel something they do not and you cannot, by yourself, "fix" something that requires actions from others.

All you can do is keep lines of communication open, but give your friends the space to deal with their feelings their way.

What you CAN do to "fix" things is start "at home."  If your issues have lead to you cutting yourself even once - you must realize you are carrying a pretty large emotional load.  Whilst it is possible for you to go it alone and heal (emotionally) on your own - ending up in a more stable place - it will be super hard and probably take longer to do so.

From the sounds - it would appear you would benefit from the support of a lisenced therapist.  There is no shame in seeking such support - and doing so will help you obtain the tools to get to and maintain a more stable foundation in your life.

You may find that once you are in a better place and your friends see you taking active positive steps to improve your situation, they many come back around.  

Keep in mind that they may not - and that is okay too.   You will have many many friends come into your life and leave your life over time.  Many will just be "fair weather friends." those only around if they can benefit from the relationship or only for the good times.   Those that leave, never were really true solid friends to begin with - as it takes active effort from both sides to maintain any relationship.

Hope this helps you.  Hope you seriously consider getting some professional help with you issues.   Whether you do or not - please trust that I wish you nothing but the best that life has to offer.  Good luck.