Can I use a normal under counter fridge for camping?

Hi all i’m going on a camping trip soon and trying to figure out if you can use a normal under counter fridge like you would find in your kitchen.

Its an electric fridge with a compressor but cant find anyone who has used one in a tent.

Thanks

It will work.  Just be sure to put a SILVER trap over it - household fridges are not UL rated for being waterproof like the ones sold for boats.  The silver tarp will reflect the sun's heat.  

I 'assume' you will camping at a sight that offers power.  Check the power receptacle - it should have a GFI receptacle.  If not, then you need to buy a GFI safety cord at Home Deport, lowes, etc - they are not very big - you simply plug one end into the power, one into the fridge and if the fridge has trouble it shuts if off.

Where I live in Alaska it is not uncommon for people to leave regular indoor freezers outside.  They are plugged in come spring and summer and unplugged when the temps drop to -10F.  Ive had old freezers safely run for 10+ years with no tarp or cover. Your little fridge should fare just as well.

Might want to toss a pad lock on it.  This will keep folks from stealing your ice - and you want to keep that in there during the day. 

• Kenny

So if you can plug it in I don't see why you couldn't use it .  A electrical ground may be something to keep in mind .