New squeaky wood floors - how to fix?

I used Lumber Liquidators' contractor to pull up 80's ceramic tile in a dining room, halls and big foyer last year when I 

bought a home in OH.  The tile was replaced with distressed solid oak, nailed flooring.  The contractor didn't replace the subfloor.  There's a full, unfinished basement.  The new wood floors squeak loudly and even bounce a little in a few places.  (The tile floors had been quiet.)  The contractor came back with a nail gun a few times, but that didn't stop the squeaking.  Can 

the squeaky, bouncy floor be fixed, or should I just have to get used to it?  Would I have to replace the flooring again to fix the problem? Should I remove the new oak flooring and go back to a tiled floor?  This was supposed to be my dream retirement home, but new squeaky floors weren't exactly part of the dream LOL. Thank you!

• CB

Normally the contractor would walk the subfloor and screw down any squeaky areas then lay rosin paper over the entire subfloor before installing final layer. Nails should be ring nails so the wood doesn't ride up and down on the nail and squeak. 

Hope that helps.