Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why do I feel like I’m a coward if I’m not overly assertive and aggressive ?

Like I was at Wholefoods and this guy was coming with a cart and we almost ran into each other. I decided to move around and I wish I would have said 

“Say excuse me” he didn’t even say excuse me! Did I respond in the right way... 

That’s not the point... stupid 

Ummm I’m a woman 

We never know what a person has experienced before an incident. He was likely distracted and no harm would have been done even if your carts had collided. You said excuse me; you did the polite thing and moved on. That's all that matters.

Women love asszholes. More so, they love men who arent afraid to be asszholes to other men. 

So push the envelope a bit more people. 

"Ummm I’m a woman"

oh. Well, push the envelope anyway, girl!

• Expat

Being confrontational in public places is not an enviable trait. Letting a near miss of shopping carts go at Whole Foods is exactly what should happen. Mouth off to the wrong person and you end up on the news - sometimes dead. Did you really want to have a shouting match in the supermarket?