Christians, how do you date someone biblically?

I’m a fairly new Christian.  God’s been after me since I was a little girl, but I didn’t believe in Him until my late twenties and I’m getting baptised as an Anglican Christian next weekend.  Coming from a family of non Christians, I grew up meaning well, but living sinfully.  I was full of pride, greed, wrath and sexual sin.  I was wicked.  So now I’m a Christian, I’ve met a Christian man with whom I share a lot in common, after he prayed to make friends on an international dating and friendship site.  I’m a white Australian and he’s African American.  Apart from the fact that we live in different countries, we agreed to wait out the pandemic and be exclusively ready to date each other.  We offer each other friendship and support.  I’ve never met anyone with whom I connected so well.  Is this long distance dating, the biblical way?  When we meet in person, how do we keep it biblical?  This is the first time I’ve been interested in a Christian man.  

We’re both seeing what happens over time and are both willing to move countries.  We haven’t decided yet who’d move, but it would probably be me.  

• Ralph
    Favorite Answer

The fact of the matter: You just do everything by the way of God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior so that you will have a blessed family and that God will bless your family and everything, so remember to obey God commandments and laws of God holy word the bible and spread God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior holy word throughout the entire world so that some might become saved. 

Source(s): King James holy bible
  • Sean

You have a lot of questions. I would suggest that instead of seeking someone else right now, that since you are new to Christ, you set that desire to the side and instead seek Christ. What if in your infancy of faith you do not know or perceive something about God and this man does not meet what God has asked of you in terms for marriage? How will you recognize a true believer if you haven't had the experiences and life walking with God? I know it's probably not the answer this man will want to hear, but if he is a Christian, he should respect it.

I did this, so I know it works. God put it on my heart to seek him first and to trust that all good things will be added to me. That is exactly what happened. He told me when I was to be married. He told me what she was like before I knew her, and he brought me to finding her. My testimony in this is so evident that even people who have fallen away from Christ don't deny that he is real because they saw what I went through and walked it with me. They see my wife now and know she is a fulfillment of what God wanted for me.

Our bond grew together naturally. It was without effort. It also was long distance. This helped us to grow closer to each other without raging hormones and such to cloud our judgment. The fact of the matter is, there are lots of people in the world with whom you can connect well with, but there is one out there that God has maybe made you to be with. This man could be him, or he might not be. God may deem you be single for the rest of your life, but as was in the case with my life, whatever the outcome, if you are seeking first the kingdom of heaven over your own will, you will not be disappointed. He will give you such joy.

• Jake

The Virgin Mary is Our Lady of Good Counsel.  She can advise one with any dilemma in life.  It is good to honor her daily by reciting her rosary with care and sincerity.

In biblical times, parents arranged marriages, and tried to get wealth and social status.  Thus, 12 year old girls had to perform wedding requirements to their 70 year old husbands, and had to cleve to their husbands, had to remain silent at all times (women were property, not conversationalists).  The Old Testament directs both the husband and wife stoned to death if only the husband cheats with another woman.  It was not a fair religion, but the rules were precisely spelled out and harsh.

• Ronald

Have you decided to move to the US or is he going to move to Australia..that's the first thing you need to discuss before this romance goes any further..