Can cancer get into a cut that previously/has just bled?

I have paranoia about cancer after learning of my dad's recent removal of stomach cancer, he mainly goes to the cancer hospital to check if his condition has returned; but when he came back and went to the bathroom to wash his hands, i started fearing that he might've had something cancerous on his hand as he touched the sink.

Cut to today, I just accidently received a cut on my leg by scratching it too much, it bled and I felt that sharp sting; so I leaned over to feel for what was causing it; previously before this, I had touched the blood with my hand that touched the sink before, now I am afraid.

Will I get cancer from it going into my blood or am I okay? I don't want to carry this burden of thoughts anymore.

• Edna

Well, stop carrying your burden of thoughts. You will NOT develop cancer from getting your own blood on yourself from scratching your leg.

Your dad didn't have anything cancerous on his hand after his recent cancer surgery, and he's not going to have anything cancerous on his hand..Your own blood can't infect you with cancer; your dad can't infect you with his cancer.. Cancer isn't a contagious disease, and it doesn't "spread" from one person to another. You develop cancer if a cell in your body "goes wild", mutates, and  begins replicating itself, and  the replicated cells  begin infecting healthy cells in your body.

Cancer isn't infectious, Denny. Nor is it contagious. You can't get cancer from touching a surface that someone else who has it has touched. If your dad had stomach cancer, that means you're at risk for development of it and need to be screened for it, but you aren't going to catch what he has.

No, since cancer is just devoid of being infectious.

Source(s): Reality.

Cancer isn't infectious.

.

Cancer is not contagious.  You cannot get it from someone else.  Your father cannot spread cancer to you or to anyone else.

No.  You don't "get" cancer.  Not from a skin cut, and not "from" someone. Cancer is in the body.  Sometimes it is hereditary and sometimes not.  You really need to do some reading on cancer to better understand because your paranoia is literally wasting your life away.