Cory
Lv 5
Cory asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Why don't NFL teams fill every seat with iPads? ?

and charge people for the view. (i.e. the iPad)

Then strike a deal with Grubhub and set-up curbside pickup of stadium food.

Should make them money. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

People would steal the ipads because even cheap ipads are $1000+ That would certainly lose money never mind the fact that everyone's phone can do anything the ipad can. Also, the logistics of setting up wifi for 60,000+ people at one time would be absurd. 

The NFL teams make a lot of money on concessions. They would lose millions if they did what you suggest. 

• Sounds like you want NFL Teams to spend millions of dollars on iPads and Food when we can't even go to the stadiums and watch the games? How much sense does that make? Maybe you should offer your ideas to The Russians since they claim to have a Vaccine for Covid 10?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is quite possibly the dumbest idea ever considered.  It doesn't matter though, the NFL is dead.

• 2 months ago

Unless the iPads moved somehow, most of the time they wouldn't be pointed at the game action.  Even when they were it wouldn't be as good as TV.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not enough people would pay for that to cover the cost of the iPads.

• Why would they do that when the product on television is far superior.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because many people would not buy into it if they can watch the game for free on TV.

• 2 months ago

I doubt there would be enough stupid people to go for this.Surely not enough to cover the startup cost of Ipads.Overpriced food and pay someone to deliver?While I am sure there are idiots that will do this.Once again I believe startup cost won't be covered

• 2 months ago

It's possible that having some kind of electronics available to each fan might be coming.  But I doubt it.  Everyone already has a phone.  What I think is more likely is improving on-phone services.  

But even that is very risky.  Because what you're doing is getting the fans to stop paying attention to the game and to become phone-watchers.  This would kill the vibe and energy of the crowd.  At that point...why pay hundreds of dollars for tickets?  Why not stay home?

And the absolute LAST thing any owner wants is to let outside vendors serve food or beverages to their fans.  The inflated stadium prices for food is one of the very few revenue streams that is NOT pooled in the NFL.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.