Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why do liberals claim not to be Socialist but then defend Socialist policies if you engage a discussion?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Are you sure their definition of "socialist" is the same as yours?

    I'd rather be called socialist than liberal, partly because in my country the parties that call themselves "liberaal" are pro-enterprise rather than pro-human.

    When I say socialism, I mean an economy that does not have a wealthy elite nor pampers the rich. I mean the means of production being owned by local collectives, and profit not being a priority.

    I do not mean overcentralised burocracy, Stalinism or Maoism

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    You think giving a poor kid free milk at school will turn us all into the Khmer Rouge.

  • Sally
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Why do people on here keep trying to focus on socialism when no one is talking about that? We are discussing democratic socialism, which is working well all over the world, and those people have a better lifestyle than we do. Their governments spend money on what the people need and want instead of tax cuts for the rich and a bloated military. They may have free school from preschool through college or a chef cooking meals for school kids or a school system with no homework. Italian workers get 8 weeks of paid vacation per year BY LAW and American workers get ZERO. Why shouldn't we have better lives?

  • 2 months ago

    Corporations receive 99% of Taxpayers Money, and the rest of us 1%. That's life since the beginning of time.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Because they're communists and we must defeat them.

    TRUMP2020!

    LANDSLIDE REELECTION!

    MAGA!

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    🥴 Probably because 1 Marxist Independent doesn't speak for the entire Left. 

    Democrats are Moderate. Not Far Left.

  • a2yar
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Try defending your socialized military

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.