Lee asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 2 months ago

Wrote awhile ago. Should I publish this poem?

should i publish this peom for soulmate? Opinions please?

Did you ever regret your past by meeting me?

Do you wish you could turn back the clock so you would never see, the tradegy of meeting your match and then never being unable to unlatch. Never being or having your mind set free. Only to cause more pain and suffering if tried to let be, only to find happiness when wishing to love even if never have success. And then one day you both finally confess your true love now so perfect, once a mess.

Look at Deep Underground poetry.  You will love the site and be encouraged to  publish.  It is a free site.

• John P

That poem is full of negativity. Your 'soulmate' will probably run a mile.

Whether to publish or not is your own choice.  But, should you decide to publish, I would make sure this is submitted as poetry rather than free prose, as poetry is still pretty much the only written format where the writer's original work will not be edited to death in the process of publication.

That said, if you are serious about publishing, do it.  If you make something that moves you enough to publish, do it.  It's incredibly liberating, and there is so little to lose.

Beloved,

Could we go back? 

Take my hand, love, 

Step back with me, love. 

Eyes shut, love.

Sit down easy now, duck your head, land Buckle up. 

Count backward, love.

10, feel your hair fly forward. The windows are open,

9. Feel the car break you sway back then forward dangerously close to the windshield,

8. Back out of the car

7. the smell of lilacs —resist the urge to tell me about their intoxicating scent of your grand mother’s farm

6. Go back to the building 

5.  Go back to the reception 

4. Walk back to me

3,Resist the urge to continue.  Don’t tell me about your obsession of Van Gogh or the quirky thoughts about the genius of Gondry.  Just don’t engage me with any of your anecdotal sweetness .  Be brief, be painfully bored. Just don’t engage, no matter how lonely or charming I seem. 

2, Don’t smile at me or say my name or touch my elbow.   

1. Shake my hand

0 Let go.  Let me go. 

Release us to the time before we met. Could we go back? 

It is better to reword it like this then publish

Did you seal regret in your past by me eating tea?

Do you wish you could turn back the clock so you would never see, the tradegy of meeting your match and then never being unable to unlatch the porch door. Never being or having your mind see a tall tree. Only to cause more drain and suffering if tried to let be, only to find happiness when washing  even if never have success. And then one day you both finally confess your true tomatoes now so perfect, once unripe.

No is the answer.  I don't mean to be unkind but there is no craft at all in this poem. There is nothing new, nothing original, nothing surprising in it.

• Tina

"meeting your match" doesn't mean what you think it does.

The word 'by' in the first line doesn't actually fit as properly used English. 

That's as far as I read.

I wish *I* could turn back the clock and un-read that bilge. Hope this helped.

• Cogito

I'm sorry, but your English is very weak.

Maybe spend a few years learning to spell, punctuate and form comprehensible sentences and then try again.