Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

What is a "dear Abby" question?

I tried to Google it but all I found were examples instead of what they are and all it seems to be is when people give unhelpful, simple answers but then how would you avoid asking a dear Abby question?

Favorite Answer

They are questions about things only personal to you. Examples are advice on your love life, friends, parents, your looks. We do not know you, the other people, or the situation. You can not give us enough detail to give a good answer. Most users are looking for questions they can answer with facts, not advice for the lovelorn. Your questions are better asked to your Mom, Aunt, or older sister. Even your Grandmother could do better than the users on YA.

• LAN

If you aren't bright enough to learn from multiple examples, I bet you will not learn from it being spelled out for you either.   Why should anyone waste their time trying to teach a fish to whistle?

Dear Abby is a columnist for a newspaper who helps ppl with their prolbmes of all kinds.

• Daniel

Dear Abby type Question is when you Ask for Advice or something like that