San
Lv 5

Which is correct?

Two men blocked the exit, both holding (a gun / guns).

Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

"Guns" is ambiguous because it could mean each was holding two or more guns. "Each" helps resolve the ambiguity.

Two men  blocked the exit, each holding a gun.

Of course if you said the more natural "Two men holding guns blocked the exit" readers would probably assume each had one gun.

• 1 month ago

I think humanity needs to change its way of thinking.

Evolve, not just on the outside , Materially since the industrial revolution.Man needs to wake up and realise that we’re all human first and foremost, And the earth is home to all of humanity but that  human beings are out of balance with nature... guns are not dangerous by themselves, it’s human beings that  pull the trigger?It’s when they are in hands of human beings, that’s why weWe need to change our way of thinking, reevaluate our priories, because in our reality, every thing is Impairment... I could go on but I won’t, I’m knackered..need to sleep..Learn, stay curious and don’t judge, (especially others)Basically, we need re-evolution, not revolution,

Kindness 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Guns, then they started shooting the high school students one by one.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How many guns in total? gun if one or two, guns if three or four

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

actually it should be "each holding a gun", to be precise.

"both holding guns" would imply that they are together, which they may not be the case, if the guns were pointed at each other.

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The correct word is guns. The reason is two persons wouldn't be holding a (one) gun.

• Ian
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Guns.................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.