Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why do I have to give my seat to a pregnant lady?

It's not my fault that she's pregnant. 

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  You are giving your seat to the unborn child, who is classed as disabled.

• 1 month ago

Quite right - I wouldn't either!

@ cogito - there is a difference between being old/disabled/on crutches etc and being in a pregnant condition. A person would rather not be aged and unable to get around easily but has to deal with it, whereas a pregnant woman CHOSE her condition and is presumably happy about it, therefore deserves less help. It is up to her to deal with it. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If she offers you sex for the seat, u may consider her proposal 

• 1 month ago

You don't have too its just a kindness on your part.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You don't HAVE to.  It is just the polite and decent thing to do.  The same applies for the elderly or disabled.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You should give up your seat to anybody less able to stand;

you are not required to assume responsibility for their condition.

• 1 month ago

There is no obligation to surrender your seat to a pregnant woman, unless legally mandated in your area or in social settings such as public transport.  Ultimately, you do what is right for you.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause she might have a hard time standing up, it dont hurt to be nice

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You certainly don't have to. It just makes it obvious you were raised by low-class parents who didn't bother to teach you manners. 

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

While it's not your fault she's pregnant, it would be the honorable thing to do to offer her your seat.  The same expectations  apply when the person who needs a seat is elderly or disabled. You would be viewed as a nice, mature person if you would do that for people.  People who are immature and self-centered are the ones who ignore those who could use some help. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.