Drama Section: Which Star Trek TV series is your favorite?

1. Star Trek: The Original Series

2. Star Trek: The Animated Series

3. Star Trek: The Next Generation

4. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

5. Star Trek: Voyager

6. Star Trek: Enterprise

7. Star Trek: Discovery

8. Star Trek: Picard

9. Star Trek: Lower Decks

Note: If you don't like Star Trek, never heard of any Star  Trek, or not a fan of Star Trek; please don't answer it.

TNG plus some of the animated series.  DS9 has good bits.  TOS too.

I like the original series best.

I always had a thing for T'Pol of Enterprise. I guess that was my favorite. 7 of 9 (Jeri Ryan) was great also. She is now on the new series 'Picard', I believe.

original series

I tired of the political correct movement of the newer shows, Hated Q and the far point encounter.. set a bad Precedence 

Enterprise was pretty good 

you also need to realize the newer shows were not innovative but copy cat 

comparing 1966 to 1987 shows is not even sensible 

-----------------

I will say all the times they needed new parts Dilithium Crystals I laugh thinking,, if you are going out to the depths of space,, take a few extras  

The Next Generation.  It had some excellent writing and IMO, Picard was a far better commander than Kirk. And Q as comic relief was a hoot.

Oh man, that's like somebody asking you to pick your favorite pet! I love them all, but for different reasons. The Original has a special place in my heart, but TNG had more complex plots, better sets & visuals. I also thought Voyager was a stand-out and years later, came to admire Enterprise for its originality. The only one I could never really warm up to was Deep Space 9. Have never seen 7, 8 or 9.

• Jesere

# 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.....never heard f #2 or 9. When Star Trek first aired on TV my dad had me and my siblings watch the show. He said we were watching Hstory being made

• James

TNG will always be my favorite.

However, I did end up watching Discovery and Picard a few months ago and I was pleasantly surprised. While I prefer shows that are series (in which each episode is it's own story and can stand alone) rather than serials (in which each episode is segment of a longer story arc and have to be watched in chronological order), I though Discovery and Picard were quite entertaining. I was also impressed with the costumes, set designs, and visual effects; visually these shows are movie quality.

///SPOILER/// I also like the fact that Discovery makes references to the original series, namely Captain Pike, The Talosians, and Harry Mudd. Similarly the actor that played Hugh in TNG reprises his role as an older version Hugh in Picard.

Original. It has by far the most charm. I grew up watching reruns of that. I can still remember parts of the dialogue. Who can forget the stellar line - "He's dead, Jim?"

Original.  The effects and acting don't age well, but TOS was bold, creative, and groundbreaking in ways that none of the series that followed it were.  TNG really just endorsed popular viewpoints in their attempts to be socially relevant.  TOS took real chances doing things that became accepted later, but were very much not when it was aired.  TNG was just a repetition of the theme.  It was a good repetition, which the series that followed it weren't, but TOS's originality set it apart.