Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why don't I get an email when my questions are taken down?

• .

Because that function hasn't worked in years. Back in 2018 a couple batches of emails went out that year, but some of the violations were months old and could no longer be appealed. I don't recall any notifications for content removal being sent out in 2019 and none this year.

.

When users aren't alerted to their post being removed, it's less likely they will appeal. The fewer appeals, the fewer staff YA needs to handle them. The site isn't a big money maker, so it's not odd they may take steps to reduce the amount of money spent on keeping it running. 

• LAN

Same reason that no one else does.   They don't do that anymore.   Any other questions that have been repeatedly asked and answered many times here that you want to post?

• I do not know what shop Verizon is.  But Yahoo stopped sending out email notifications and appeals of questions and answers removals over 3 years ago.

• Daniel

Violation Email Notices are Broken nobody has gotten any in Quite some time

If you know what your Question was that got Taken down if you Believe it did not Violate any of the Rules you can Still Appeal by using there Alternative Appeal Form here is the Link to It 

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=conta...

Select Contact a Yahoo Specialist then Appeals then Follow the Instructions from there 

• Sandy

I know, right? I posted a question in response to a Yahoo news story, since we can't "comment" and they took it down. I also go to all the trouble to answer questions and by the time I'm ready to "submit" it, the question is gone. 

They haven't sent out those emails in ages.  But you can still APPEAL,  (when you happen to catch them)  and yes, appealing still works.   Trust me.  I've had to send about 50 appeals in the last week alone. 

Nearly all comments were returned on appeal.  (some weren't) 

ah well,   my stalker snags me on a technicality every now and then. 

You might try to appeal, which apparently is no long allowed.