Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Men, do you look down on single moms ?

Would you seriously date one 

• nalla
    Favorite Answer

It’s a question of my choice my time, I do not want to bring up another mans child, around here the majority of single mothers are chavs and all have a mixed face child in the pushchair, so yes I do look at them and think not for me , good luck if you find anyone

if the woman had a better choice of men in the first place , they wouldnt be single .

• Zapata

No. That would be extremely dumb.

Dating? Sure. I know kids deter some guys, but what could be more admirable for a man than being a good father?

I don't look down on them but wouldn't date them because I don't want kids.

My father married one and created me. I was in a long term relationship with one, but after what she did to me I say never again.

No. Only uneducated men look down on single moms.

Look down on 'em? No, I don't. That's stupid, puritanical bullschit. I don't even want to be AROUND scumbuckets who think like that, I sure as hell don't want to BE one.

Would I date one? Well, my girlfriend has a daughter, but she's graduated college, and has moved out of mom's apartment. 

I would NEVER date a woman with young children at home, or even teenagers. Too much potential for jealousy and other emotional disasters, plus financial problems (how could I stand aside if the children of someone I cared for needed food money?),  plus higher possibility of drama with exes, PLUS I'm in my sixties and from my point of view, women with young children are barely more than kids themselves.

Besides, my girlfriend wouldn't like it.

• Zirp

That depends on the maturity of the man, and the situation of the single mom. When I was twenty, I would not date a mother. I wasn't ready to be a (step)dad.

Realistic older guys know that most women of the right age for them have one or more children. If you have a child yourself already, not dating a mother would be hypocrite.

For me, there's a difference between getting knocked up at 16 versus having children in your twenties/thirties and then having a divorce, or becoming a widow

• Murzy

I admire them                          .

• y

I dated several of them in my young adult days.

• Dze

no .. mainly what i look at is how they treat the kids .. bringing a guy into 'their' life is not a small thing, and if they treat it like its just normal business as usual fck that .. im not being that guy ..