Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Legal & suicide?

Could you get charged with murder or go to jail if someone killed themselves over you? For example if someone supposedly “played with your emotions” and they killed themself, could you get in trouble?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't assist anyone in doing such a terrible thing zxvwmp

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends on WHERE and whether or not you encouraged the suicide.  There is case law in various States.

• Yeti
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can be charged for driving someone to it, helping them plan, etc.

I don't know that you'd get charged for them doing it because of their emotions about you.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not murder but people have been charged and convicted of harassment and manslaughter after someone commits suicide. Such as Michelle Carter, who urged her boyfriend to kill himself in texts,was convicted of manslaughter for encouraging her boyfriend to commit suicide, and in Michigan prosecutors filed involuntary manslaughter charges against a former corrections officer for the suicide of an inmate. Dianna Callahan, 47, was on duty at Huron Valley Correctional Facility when Janika Nicole Edmond took her life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I’m being gang stalked and the bully wants me to quit my job, become homeless, and commit suicide 

But I just $hit on my bully and laugh 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No…but thank god you dodged a bullet the world doesn’t need anymore weak people

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.