My favorite t-shirt is slimy now.  Any ideas?  How do I stop it?

I hate going to the laundromat to do laundry (there is no washer or dryer hookup in my apartment, and I will not pay money to wash clothes I already paid for), so I had the idea to dump my dirty clothes in my bathtub, that way every time I shower I wash my clothes a little bit more.  Then, when I want to wear something, I put it on and scrub down like I would if I were showering without clothes, then hang the garments out my window to dry.  Assuming no birds poo on it, a clean and dry outfit awaits with just a little time, minimal effort, and no money spent.

This works well with two problems:

1. My red t-shirt was left at the bottom of the pile for about a month and a half, and now it is slimy.  It doesn't smell bad or look different, it just feels slimy.  The slime, I think, is all the dirt and junk from all the other clothes, plus maybe whatever was washed off of me.

2. There's very little room to stand in my shower.

I solved problem 2 by hanging up my dirty clothes on hangers beneath the shower head.  I still have this slimy t-shirt.

Anyway, I now have a system that works for laundering my own clothing without having to pay.  Just this shirt is really slimy, and I can't get it clean.  Any ideas of how to get this junk, funk, and gunk off my favorite shirt?  It's sleeveless, so that might be an asset when it comes time to wash it again.

I ask this question in earnest, and I ask you to respond in kind.  I want to wear this shirt again; it is very slimming.  Bless.

Sounds like when my brother would use too much detergent on his clothes and they got a slimy residue. It’s soap build up (and possibly mold). I think that shirt is toast because my bro tried everything google said to get rid of the residue with no luck. Skipping a real washer and dryer might have cost you your favorite shirt, sorry love

I have a grandson like you.   You are so cheap that you wear clothes til they stink (as does your apartment.) Why don't you wake up. You are an adult!  Take a shower, wash your hair, change your bed, change your clothes.  And for heavens sake learn how to use a washing machine and dryer.  Get with it guy, you are living like a child and YOU STINK!

Assuming this is for real;

The clothing on the shower floor is just accumulating all the dirt and grime you wash off yourself. Additionally, mold can grow on  things that stay wet.

You state you 'will not pay money to wash clothes [you] already paid for.' but you mention a lack of washer and dryer hookup. I guess you mean you would do laundry if you didn't have to pay for it.

You're mistaken. I own a house, with a washer and dryer. It costs money to pump the water out of the ground, money for the filter on the line, money to pay for/maintain the washer, money for detergent (different from soap, which is used on skin) money to pay for electricity to run the washer and heat the water. Drying at my house is mostly free, because I have a clothes line. In cold weather, clothes often (not always) end up on a rack over the hot air duct. 

And. because we've had very little rain this summer, Showers  consist of: Running water into a bucket for general cleaning until warm water reaches the shower, getting wet, turning the water off. Soaping up, washing hair, turning the water back on to rinse, and shutting it off again. Takes about five minutes. You can't out-cheap me.

• Ann

Well, sad to say, you obviously weren't taught how to take care of your clothes when you were living at home, so now you have no idea of how to take care of yourself or your clothes on your own.  If you treat your clothes as you describe, they will all be ruined, because trying to wash something when you shower is not the way to get clothes clean.  Bath soap is not the same as laundry soap, for one thing.  If you leave your dirty clothes all in a pile, of course the items on the bottom of the pile will accumulate all of the dirt and filth and they will be ruined.  You will have bath soap residue that will be building up every time you shower, and the cloth in the items will become more and more damaged.  You need to grow up and take your things to the laundromat.  You may not think the clothes smell bad from "shower washing", but they certainly won't be anywhere as clean as if you actually wash them with laundry detergent in a machine designed to wash clothes.  The clothes' appearance will deteriorate, as well.  Accumulated "junk, funk, and gunk" as you describe your favorite shirt will eventually catch up with everything you own, and then you will be out a much greater expense by having to go out and buy replacement clothes.  Just load up your laundry, get some quarters, take a book to read, and go spend a couple of hours at a laundromat.   

• drip

You can not leave clothes wet.  If you want to wash by hand you need to wash, rinse and hang to dry. 

Go to laundromat and get everything cleaned properly.  

• Kenny

Wash it out on the sink by hand with laundry detergent .  Rinse it several times and hang it up to dry .

• John

Accidently spill a bottle of bleach on it.

• A

go to the laundromat, that is gross