I want to leave my apartment and move to another one. ?
The one I’m in now is way too high and has to many rules, I want to leave and go to one I can afford. What will happen if I do that?
- Landlord365Lv 62 months ago
You would have to pay what ever lease break fee was stated in the lease. If none is stated they can charge you rent through the end of the lease or until they get a new tenant. You fail to pay & they can sue you.
- SlumlordLv 72 months ago
Nothing wil happen if you wait until your lease is up, give proper notice, and then move. If youbreak the lease you can expect a few months rent penalty and possibly damaged credit.
- 2 months ago
Read your lease. In general, you are legally liable for the terms set out.
- ask your landlord for an early exit
- tough it our until the lease ends
- find someone to take it over
- find someone who will accept the sublet (only of the owner permits)
- sneak away to another country in the middle of the night and never return (not recommended - you will have civil judgements against you).
- MaxiLv 72 months ago
Read your contract that will tell you
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Lisa ALv 72 months ago
Read your lease to find out what will happen.