Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Can a person get another ppo from the same person even if the  current ppo is still in effect?

My ex girlfriend issued a ppo last november effective until this november( one year). I got pulled over the cop told me I have a ppo issued from the same ex gf. I asked him how can that be I already have a current from her months ago. He said hes not sure and it was read to me what happens if I violate it. He said immediate arrest. He said she has substantial evidence  I've contacted her or came near her. She lives hours away, so I would not see her.  I have not contacted her at all since last november. How can a new ppo  be issued with a current one issued and if I would have violated it he would have taken me to jail on the spot. I think somebody made a fake profile  in my name  making threats to her, I didn't.  I think in my opinion the cop screwed up meaning the old one was violated from new evidence and he could not arrest me because it hasn't processed yet thus he would not see the warrant in the computer. I think in 2 days I'll get a knock on the door.also if is a new ppo with the current I'll be served. I dont know what to think..

The officer was referring to the PPO you just claimed you know about.

do you know the court that would have issued it, contact them, for a PPO, there should be a hearing.....

I think maybe the first one was temporary.  Other than that, I have no idea.  It will be YOUR proof vs HER proof of contact.

No, if you violated you would not necessarily be immediately taken to jail.  It all depends on the Police force.

Yes, you'll probably get served, and then you'll know the allegations.

Not all the time.