Is it true that trans women usually end up bankrupt and alone?

I'd rather live as a man than experience that!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Life for transgenders can be hard as they struggle for acceptance.  Many are denied good jobs like they had before they had their sex change as employers feel that employing a transgender in a customer based job may offend people and lower business.  I knew one transgender who changed from a woman into a man who had a good job in the prison system who was lucky that there was a government policy of no discrimination against people like them.  But likely many transgender will struggle  with discrimination only getting low paid jobs.

• 2 months ago

“I'd rather live as a man than experience that!”

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is more difficult than average for trans people to have relationships but there are lots of other people who find it difficult too for various reasons.

Some trans people earn a lot of money so they don't end up bankrupt even when they fund it all theirselves. Also, many things cost a lot such as house and car. 

I'd rather be single than be in a relationship where my gender identity could not be respected. 

• Jake
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

So do most lesbians or single moms

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I am not close with any trans women, but I am a real woman. I would think I would rather be bankrupt and alone as a woman than to have to live as a man. Would you really want to live as the wrong gender, dating the wrong gender people? So, you are a guy who isn't trans. The equivalent would be you living as a woman and dating men. Would you want to do that? 

As for "do they usually end up.......?" I don't know. I don't have any statistics. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"I'd rather live as a man than experience that!"

Obviously since you are not trans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.