What are the  requirements for an effective prayer so that God fulfills the request prayed for positively?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Must be within the will of God.

• I'll tell you the real plan, but you, are you sure you'll do it?

When you pray in church, or personally at home, lock your door well, and, sitting, or on your knees, with your eyes closed, to avoid distractions, pray to God in your freedom of your risks, done with sincerity of heart, thanking God for every work he will do.

Prayer must be done for a time, pray to God every day for 30/40/60 minutes a day, and you will see His answers and, you will notice His presence.

There is no other method, if you want God to answer you!!

• 2 months ago

"The effectual and fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."  James

• Misty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since there are no gods its useless to say a prayer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zac Z
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is an interesting question.

You will notice that when Christianity is concerned (and I think most theists here will, funnily enough, that whenever "God" is mentioned, it's about their god), Christians give a variety of answers.

Or they will say, it doesn't work that way, you cannot tempt God, God will not answer prayers on command, etc.; just look at the conditions that one of the Anonymous folks here give.

And yet, according to John 14:13 this shouldn't apply:

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

When Christian asks in Jesus' name, he will grant the prayer "that the Father may be glorified in the Son"!

The reason this verse isn't brought up probably is that we all know that it isn't true.

Here we have a falsifiable claim - and it is falsified on a regular basis.

I leave the conclusion to you.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Prayer doesn't work at all and never has.

There is no reason to think that God exists, but even if he does, if there's a god, according to Christians he knows everything, plans every single detail, makes all the right decisions, is perfect, and knows what's best for everyone. Right?So isn't praying just unnecessary?   Is he going to change his mind if you pray?  No - obviously not, as he's already made a perfect plan.   Is he going to give you what you ask for? Again, no, obviously not, as knows what you should have, and has already planned it out.Is he going to need you to ask for forgiveness because you're sorry for something? No - if you're sorry, he already knows.Is he going to need you to say thank you for something? No - if you're grateful, he already knows.So why do it? I've never understood the logic of it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Several follow....

We must be righteous to be heard by God

We must pray for things that honor God and edify his kingdom, not selfish or frivolous things

We must always prefer Gods will above our own when they conflict.

We must pray TO the Father THROUGH/IN THE NAME OF the Son

We must believe that God hears our prayers and will address them according to our best interests.

• Bryce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The first requirement is that God needs to exist.  He doesn't, so your prayer will be ineffective.

• BJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Apostle Peter recognized that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

The determining factor, is the heart of the individual and what his heart is moving him to do.

Those who observe God’s commandments and do the things that are pleasing in his eyes have the assurance that his ears are also open to them.

Conversely, those who disregard God’s Word and law, shedding blood and practicing other wickedness, do not receive a favorable hearing from God; their prayers are detestable to him.

The individual must have faith in God, recognition of one’s own sinful state is essential.

One’s nationality, the color of one’s skin, or one’s economic circumstances have no bearing on the matter.

But the motivations of one’s heart and one’s way of life do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.