Am I dumb or is it anxiety?

Guys I just started working again and I’ve really struggled to socialize and rush without breaking down. My body trembles and I drop things, I forget stuff- and it’s so bad. All my anxious ticks come out! My brain just starts telling me to stop what I’m doing. All my coworkers think I’m an idiot, and I swear my anxiety was not this bad at 16, I was actively social and working, but over that span admittedly I experienced heavy traumas but I don’t  think it would devastate my mind like this? I’m 19 now and I DO feel dumber! Lol I’m trying to figure out why on earth that is 

• Carmen

Anxieties can weigh you down and make you feel anxious especially with whatever traumas you been dealing with try taking some deep breaths to calm you down some. Take it slow the time space in between not working and the pandemic is stressful as well take one day at a time and you’re not a fool you’re just human. As mentioned if you think it requires medical attention seek that to cover all angles. 

First things first, go to your primary care doctor and get a complete physical exam. Sometimes the answer turns out to be a simple one with an easy fix. If your PCP can't figure it out, they may send you to a neurologist. You mention ticks and dropping things; it could be neurological in nature, but a neurological evaluation should help pinpoint the problem, if that is the problem. Finally, if you get a medical "all clear" then it could be psychological and a psychological eval and a good psychotherapist could help. You mention trauma. Depending on the nature of the trauma, it can impact us both psychologically as well as physically. Be open and honest about the problem with any professional you see. 

It is anxiety and you should see a psychologist for anxiety.

• Liz

There are things you can do to alleviate anxiety. The article on the website below offers practical suggestions.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/g20 No.1 How to Deal With Stress

most likely the former,  you're dumb.

You might want to see a counselor.

• Chanel

It is ok to tell your colleagues that you have anxiety issues cos even though they may not have it they may well have a relation who does.

See your doctor and try to arrange therapy.

These colleagues may think you are an idiot cos you do not speak up for yourself. If they insult you and you are quiet then they have won.

It most likely is anxiety.

You can see your doctor.

He will help.

Your problems are so fake and intentional. 

You're just a wimp that refuses to handle  a n y t h i n g. 

Thanks for letting us all know how incompetent you are. 

Have fun being willfully defective.

I just couldn't read the pity party dissertation. To answer your question, it seems that you are both dumb and experiencing anxiety.