Millie asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 months ago

Italian price listed as 1060,00,00 is equal to what in USD?

Does this translate to over a million in USD or does this mean a thousand?

I am confused by the use of commas, as I know commas are used instead of periods. 

I'm Italian and I can assure you that such a number doesn't exist, it's an obvious mistake.We use commas for decimals and periods for thousands, but that number doesn't mean anything because there can't be two commas. It could be 1060,00 (one thousand sixty) but it can't be 1060,00,00 because it makes no sense. Let's assume that the person who wrote it made a mistake and put commas instead of periods: 1060.00.00 would have no meaning either  and it doesn't matter if it's an old price in Lire (the currency used until 2001) because it's the number that's wrong, regardless of what currency it refers to. The only explanation I can think of is that someone meant to write 1060,00 and by mistake they typed an additional ",00". If it is 1060,00 it means one thousand and sixty Euros  which is about twelve hundred USD.

Ka ma na fut   

• Zirp

Doesn't look like an italian amount to me. Is it in euro or lire?