can a CNA 2 allow me to work in Europe? ?

I’m considering moving to Europe to be near family and I’m wondering if getting my CNA 2 (in Oregon) would help me to work in healthcare in Western Europe. Or would it just be a waste of time and money to get my certification if I end up moving out of the US? 

Favorite Answer

That would probably not translate over to anything in Europe (its not a recognized degree, its a specific cert). If you move there, get your education there.

Just like people cannot just decide to live in the USA, people cannot just decide to move to Europe! = unless you want to be an illegal alien.  Yes, there are illegal aliens in EUROPE.

= it doesn't matter if you are moving for your "partner" (like you said a few minutes ago) or your familyJust like people can't work in the USA without the "right to work in the USA", people cannot work in Europe unless they have the right to work in the EU.  American don't have the right to work in Europe unless they are legal residents.There is no such thing as a CNA in Europe.  But since it takes about 6 weeks to become a CNA and the class is super cheap, what does it matter.  You can work until you move, if you ever move... then you can get the appropriate training in the EU.