Can I add a address thank the upper level of My home. ?

I plan on renting the upper level of my home out but I would like to use a different address.  I getting a dead end on how to change the address so me and the tenant aren’t listed under the same address.  Can anyone pointe me in the right direction?

All you can really do is go to your local authorities--and depending on your location this could be many different offices--and ask them for a "one-half" designation on your current address, or use an Apartment number or letter after the address. Example:  450 Smith St. and 450-1/2 Smith St. or 450 Smith St. Unit 1 and Unit 2, or Apartment A or B. You cannot change the address of the lot your house is on unless the city does. 

Try your city Planner's office, or even ask the folks at the post office--they are the ones who deal with this stuff. They may tell you who you have to contact. 

You would have to make it A and B probably.  The street number will not change.

You can't and while you can rent the entire home, if you rent out just a portion you may be violating the zoning.  You're making the home multi family.

You can't change or add an address. Only different properties can have two different addresses. And if you plan to change your one home into two properties you are opening up a whole can of worms and hassle for yourself that would involve far more than a different address.

You can't.  You do not control the government.  What you can do is register the rental and then designate your place as "A" and the other unit as "B".  Well, you could IF AND WHEN there is a separate entrance - a totally separate unit.  So, with just an upstairs and downstairs, you are out of luck.  Whoever gets it should immediately sort it and leave the other person's mail on a designated spot.

you likely can't , in the US, post office has to approve it, and if its not a legal rental may not allow a separate address/mailbox...not even same address/ but w 1st floor, 2nd floor

• A

use your street address such as  123 John Doe lane and make up 2 mail boxes one will be 123A for you and 123B for your tennant, be sure to change your address on anything you have coming to you, also put your name on the 123A box

• Judith

I've never seen one residence using two addresses except for a unit # or an apt #.  The lower would be Unit #1; the upper Unit #2.

Here's a thought - talk to the post office about it.

You need to call the building, permit, or code enforcement agency in your city.

It will not be cheap.

Don't be surprised if you aren't allowed to do it.