How many books can you read at once?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

10 is a number I can juggle.

• 1 month ago

I can read 5. It doesn't matter if it's completely different or very similar.

• 1 month ago

I read one book at a time.

• 1 month ago

I can only read one book at a time. If I read two books or more at once... I will get the stories mixed up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Wow so many pedantic, petty 

people on this website!

I read 2 as a maximum and they have to be completely different genres. I have one massive fantasy tome on the go and then have something smaller like lit fic or a classic on the side 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, obviously I am reading only one book in a given moment, but I can and do often switch back and forth between about 3.  Right now, for example, I am reading Emily Wilson's translation of "The Odyssey" and regularly comparing it with Robert Fagles' translation. I am also reading a novel called "Djinn Patrol on the Purple Line," by Deepa Anappara, and for work, a book called "Sincerity" by R. Jay Magill.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course your question refers to how many books can you be reading concurrently.

The answer is, as many as hold your interest, and you are clear about what you're reading (i.e. if you're reading The Old Man and the Sea and A Christmas Carol concurrently, you ought arrive at TOMATS without the expectation of yet another ghost showing up).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

reported for chat. read the rules 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i usually just read one at a time

• Marli
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why does it matter to you? 

I doubt that anyone can read more than one book at once. "At once" means "at the same time".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.