Anonymous

What should I do with my life?

For those of you with life experience I'd love some advice!

I'm a 16 year old girl about to graduate high school early. Not sure what I should get into. I feel as if I'm already limited onto jobs because I'm a young girl. Feminist say women can still do jobs that are commonly aimed towards men. I agree if that's what your into.

But truly I don't want a masculine manly job. Like construction work or truck driving things of that nature. I'd love to be a stay at home mom one day but till then I'm trying to figure out what career / job i should get into.

Thank you for your help ♡

• edward

Don’t they do career planning in high school anymore?

Take a 2 year bookkeeping/accounting degree at your community college while you work as a either a cashier, bagger, stock room, or fast food employee.

When you get the 2 year degree, get a job as a teller at a bank or as a bookkeeper at a legal firm, accounting agency or property management company.  You will be 18 so you can also get a government job.

Bookkeeping/ accounting is something that pays well, and in many cases you can be an independent bookkeeper and work from home (I know a couple of people who do that)

That way you can be both a stay at home mom, but also be a professional.  One you've had about 5 years practice, you can advertise that you are an independent bookkeeper, and get regular clients who will only need you during tax season and the end of the year...and you can bring in $20 to $30 and hour...but still be home and remotely logging in to their systems.

or...with that rate of pay, you can afford to pay child care $15.00 and hour occasionally while you spend 3 - 4 hours with a  client...and then save the work and finish it at home during school hours..or after kids bedtime.

Bagger at a grocery store, and work your way up. You will meet many nice guys.  Or pharmacy tech, etc. Or start at a community college, and have 4 more years for the stars to align for you.

Daycare or teaching or nannying.

Taking care of someone else's kids is good practice for being a stay at home mom for your own kids.