Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

I'm 14 my girlfriend is 11?

I'm 13 turning 14 in september. and my girlfriend is 11 and she turned 11 back in march this year! she's going to 6th grade and I'm in 8th grade. both of us go to the same middle school. but is a 2-3 year age gap okay for us to keep dating? or would it be better to wait until we're older?

This is bordering on the range of inappropriate-

While I think your intentions are harmless, and I genuinely believe you care about this girl, this whole situation is wrong and clearly you know this!

Look lets say you guys date and this goes the distance, once you turn 18 and she's 15, this becomes statuatory rape and you run the very serious risk of going to prison for many years.

3 years in and of itself isn't that bad, but, again context is key! Its one thing for lets say a 21 and 24 year old to date/sleep together, its a lot different for an 11 and 14 year old to be together.

I would just end this.

Depends what you mean by ‘dating’ - when I was 11, I ‘dated’ but it was just holding hands and talking to a boy. If you’re having sex - ew. 

If this is a sexual relationship, think about when you get older. If you’re still together by the time you’re 18 and she’s 15, she’s underage so things could turn very ugly for you. 

Bottom line - don’t have sex 

As long as its all above the belt so to speak, and both your parents know then this is fine, there is no age limit on feelings. Keep being open with people about what you are feeling and dont do anything sexual until you are BOTH of the legal age. Its tempting but you really dont want that kind of trouble. You can have a happy relationship just dating for now. 

Oh really? And what do her parents say? My guess is they know nothing about it and certainly would not allow it. And you already KNOW that. So back off & stay away from her. She's still a CHILD and so are you.

As long as there’s nothing sexual going on it’s not illegal, but I’d honestly recommend waiting until you’re both in high school (which would be another 3 years, if she’s going into 6th grade now). At your ages, development can happen very rapidly, so 2-3 years can make a pretty big difference in maturity, and society tends to be very judgmental about that type of thing. My personal advice would be to just be friends until you’re both in high school, then you can date - but even then, you shouldn’t do anything sexual until you’re both above the age of consent (which is 16 in most places).

You should NOT be "dating" at your ages!!

i think date someone your own age. if you really like her then stay friends with her and just wait for her to get a little older. you’re a teenager now. she’s still considered a child. it could be a little creepy. but if you rlly want to be with her, then please don’t do anything sexual or too extreme with her, even if she says she wants to. she’s too young. you’re a little young too but she’s not even a teenager yet. so please don’t do that. if you can then just wait for her to at least become a teen

In a few years you will be committing statutory rape. No break up and be friends

Slow down. Just be friends. You are all too young to date. She is WAY too young. If you get sexual with her, it's creepy. Just be friends right now. If you want to date someone, date another 14 year old.

Sure keep dating but no sexual activities until you're both 21.