What can I do about lower back pain/glute tightness while sitting in my 2005 Toyota Camry?

I bought this car about 8 months ago and have been experiencing consistent lower back pain and tightness in my lower glutes.

I tried all the seat adjustments and they don't help. I may experiment with different cushions soon.

Do you think installing a new chair a practical solution?

glutes* not lower glutes

• Geo
    Favorite Answer

Try a padded seat cover first. You can buy memory foam in sections that you could put under it in different locations where it's comfortable for you. But different Trim Levels of cars usually have different seats. As in: LE, SE and XLE would all have different seats. Salvage yards are full of wrecked Camrys because they're so popular. If you know someone that goes to them ask them to sit in your car and ask him to keep a look out for more comfortable seats for it. There are only 4 bolts that hold them in. But don't get Electric seats if yours adjust manually. 01-05 Camrys are the same chassis.

Geo, you meant '02-06 Camrys are the same. To the OP; Your best bet would be to try cushions. the seats aren't really different (with the exception of the fabric and the pattern) between the LE, SE and XLE. The LE has a driver's side power seat, the SE has different fabric pattern and slight side bolstering; The XLE has power passenger seat and leather upholstery. the XLE might have lumbar support that year too but I don't recall.  

Get physical therapy.

Try asking in the HEALTH  category. You might get better answers.

Those lumbar seats are not for everybody.  Try a padded seat pillow available at car parts stores.

• Kenny

Try using one of those little pillows against your lower back when driving for a while to se if that helps .