Can Bees/Wasps Enter Your Home From An Air Conditioner?

So the other day when I was running my portable air conditioner in the living room, behind the unit I found what appeared to be a dead wasp last Thursday 8/06/20. The specific wasp name is the Mud Dauber. How exactly could the insect have come in? It's important to note that I had the air conditioner running for 12 days nonstop due to the humid weather and I decided to give the air conditioner a break earlier that afternoon. The air conditioner is a dual hosed unit and it is sealed with R4 Duct Wrap and weather strips. The duct wrap is also wrapped around both hoses for insulation. I think the wasp may have entered the unit through the intake hose and then must have died. In the intake side, there is a slight opening which is the intake vent for the indoor portion in which a small insect may be able to fly out into the home but it seldom happens. I cleaned it up and no wasp now. Do bees and wasps hate air conditioning? I know that mosquitoes hate them. It's also important to note that there is some condensation and water sounds in the unit which is normal as it exhausts the warm and humid air to the outside.

Mud daubers get mud and normally they would make a small singular mud hut for themselves to lay their single egg.  I usually find them in brickwork where the mortar is.  As for it getting past your noisy AC unit. Bugs don't like noise...and the AC is blowing out so there must be a small space where it fit in with its mud.  It does not like cool or inside the house. It got lost as it could not find its way out to feed or get more mud. It just focked up bad.  They are basically singular creatures.  "Dammit Scotty, beam me up was not heard" 

• Snezzy

The mud dauber (or "dirt wasp") is basically harmless, compared to paper wasps or yellow jackets. They are solitary and do not defend their nests. If you don't like spiders they are your friend. They eat spiders.

Insects can enter your home though any opening which admits them. I presume you've opened the door or window in the last few weeks?  I wouldn't worry about it, it's just some wasp that got into your home and died.  If you find many more there's probably a nest nearby.

• ,

There's a slim chance, your ventilator has small spaces. If you find a few more dead wasps there is probably a nest nearby but they do hide them fairly well and where the rain can't get them, they chew up wood and form the nest with it so basically it's paper. Have a look around outside and see if there are any cracks in walls with a few wasps hanging around it and making a point of staying close to the crack, as well as that look under things while keeping a distance. They don't really want to move from a nest and won't sense danger if you are at least a few feet away but if you see a few hovering around and not straying much it's a nest, most of them are in the nest and they have a few 'security guard' wasps hovering outside it. I suspect a nest because they don't stray into ventilation that much unless there's a large group, if you see what I described get pest control because they do make nests this time of year. I doubt it's bees by the looks of that.