Michael asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Which of the three Lord of the Rings movies do you like the most? and Why?

• Laredo
    Favorite Answer

All of them are just brilliant but my favourite was the first one The Fellowship of the Ring. I suppose I like it because all the stars are in that film, some of them do not make it to the end of film never mind film two. Usually first films are just getting to know everyone and about the plot but this film was just brilliant from start to finish.

I hope this isn't dodging the question, but I like the 1978 Ralph Bakshi animated movie. It was at once childlike and serious. I felt it captured the trippy, surreal, post-war feel of the original books.

• bill

When i have a marathon every few years i usually skip all the gandalf hobbit centric stuff at the beginning of the first one and go straight to the bar scene where they meet the Ranger .

All the rest of the first 3 i love equally.

The Hobbit films are not interesting to me.

The last one really wrapped it up well... with the scariest villains and a lot of them... and the king singing a hymn at the end of it all.

I know the prior two had to develop the story - and the 2nd one seemed to drag on more than the first... emphasizing Smeagle... but some epics can't really be condensed and I'm glad they weren't.

Wasn't the 3rd one the one that began with Smeagle violently acting to take the ring?

That was pretty morbid, but it really sorta illustrated the power of the ring - as if it were some kind of really distorting substance that a person gets disproportionately addicted to compared to its supposed benefits.

I mean if you look at the whole movie there are plenty of people who are just hunky-dory without it... but they go through heck trying to fix the damage it has caused.

Good trilogy!

The first and the second one.

The first one about the background about those kings and the second where they picture another king being poisoned by this "ambassador" of Saruman.

• Imp

First film, Gimli isn't a goof, Legolas isn't over powered and the deleted scenes are not important (unlike the other two).

• Webbo

The first one " The Fellowship of the Ring " because all nine fellowship members were together and it had the most adventure in it in my opinion.

Return of the King

Liked all the films though.