Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Are the people who slag off London the ones who cant afford to live there?

Favorite Answer

I've moved there, it's a bit expensive.  I wanted the experience of living/working there - OK so far!

When I actually can go into work, that will be better.  More people probably could afford to live in London thatn realise, albeit they'd have to accept smaller accommodation - why not not want to live in London though?  People are welcome to live anywhere in the UK

I slag of london all the time. I dislike the place,  i live in a quintessential Berkshire village and most of  londons residents couldn't afford a door knob on property . 

No. London is great if you have lots of money, but most people don't want to live their due to most of it being a dangerous, third world filled hellhole.

10 years in London.

Overpriced accommodations,

overpriced public transport, always crowded, doesn't matter that tube comes in every minutes,

buses are impossible to use, unless you live in zone1, otherwise it takes 2 hours to get to zone 4,

all  my favourite places were closed down by now,

rubbish everywhere, way too many people everywhere

if you don't earn at least 2500 after tax a month, it's pointless to live there. 

it's noisy, people are loud and don't care about the others,

houses are built of cardboard, you can hear everything your neighbour does, 

the only part I liked was Richmond and Kingston, out of the city centre

20-30 years ago I would have loved it.

• F

I lived the first 30 years of my life near London and went to uni there , so sort of regard it as my city, but it has changed so much in the last 30 years. 

Americans are always pointing out the stabbing without realising the overall homicide rate is about 1/5 of the USA. 

Unless you have a job there, I can’t really see much point in paying the extortionate property prices or rents when you could have a much nicer house elsewhere for the same money.

This is why people are leaving , esp the elderly , cashing in on high property values. 

• Zapata

Greatest city on Earth. Bar none. Anyone who disagrees is a witless dullard whose opinion is utterly irrelevant.

The only people who slag it off are some jealous Northerners who resent having to live their lives in featureless holes like Leeds or Manchester, and awful Daily Mail readers who hate it just because we voted in a Mayor they don't like the colour of.

No it's a filthy dirty place and I would never live there especially with all the crime from certain groups.

It is probably more that their knowledge of London comes from adverse media reports or from visits to or living in limited areas of the capital. I got to see the good and the bad parts when I worked in London for ten years.

No there are even some who live there and don't like it who also slag it off.

Have you ever lived in London, if not stop making stupid statements.

I can afford to live there, but it's full of third world immigrants so I choose not to. It's a concrete jungle and not a nice place to be. 

The knife crime capital of the world.

Dwaf Hamster is talking Scotch Mist.

Doubtful. There are millions who live in London who can’t afford to live there, and rely on benefits to do so.

Others slag off London because it is becoming a lawless ghetto city with rival gangs waging war on each other - Africans, Asians, Caribbean’s etc. 

I would not want my children raised in any city that claims it is vibrant and diverse, that is media speak for ghetto and crime ridden.

The anti white racist Dianne Abbot  did not want her african son to be infected by the culture that labour and its woke voters pretend to cherish.

Sounds like the immature thinking (lol) of those who think criticism of non white ‘celebs’ is jealousy, confusing it with contempt for their race baiting hypocrisy. 

Source(s): Lol....wrong answer......must want those who agree with you.....so who pays your rent?