Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Why has the Labour Party been supporting slavery in Leicester?

Update:

It is the responsibility of local councils to enforce employment laws. Leicester Council have allowed to slave sweatshops to operate.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Leicester city council has 54 members , 51 are Labour, so why blame the Tories for that?

It’s pure pc, can’t offend the Muslims .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's because they don't want to offend the ethnics who own these sweatshops. disgraceful in this day and age.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Like the ‘grooming gangs’ across the many labour strong holds, it was covered up as the perpetrators were immigrants.

It is the same with slum landlords who also prey on illegals often from their old country.

It is funny to see the apologists blaming tories but the people committing the crimes are hardly Tory and any scrutiny of these ‘communities’ Is ALWAYS racist, according to labour.

They literally allow anything to occur if the criminals are not white.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rother...

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/poor-working-con...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6463365/R...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The result of the General Election proved that Labour has abandoned the working class. They obsess about their hatred of Jews and don't care about real issues. The ones in the sweat shops are their traditional BAME supporters but Leicester Labour Council have shown they do not really give a stuff about them. They are only interested in their middle class, woke base in London. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Mr Blair is entirely responsible for the UK having a migrant crisis & it's associated modern slavery issues.

This should be see as his greatest shame.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They didnt stop the austerity they did not stop the dessimation of Britain but they did support anti semitism and the country is steeped in a terrible persecution of the Jews you can go to fu**  .

• 1 month ago

Probably due to Council cutbacks, has meant that Council staff responsible for carrying out Health & Safety checks at all Manufacturing Companies, haven't been able to do it.  The Conservative Government are in charge of funding Local Council's, so they are partly to blame and not the Labour Government who've only had the power on how each Labour controlled Council spends their money.  Is Leicester a Labour run Council?  If not, then the blame lies with the Tories.

• 1 month ago

So why do you assert that?  What's your source?  I'm interested because even though I'm a Yank, my grandfather 8X removed came from Leicester in 1702.  So that's where my deep roots are...I follow their football team too.

I saw in the news recently that you Brits are removing statues of slavers who shipped out slaves from Bristol.  Is the Labour Party against that?  Is that what has triggered your question?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Labour Council has permitted this.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The Tories have been in charge of the country since 2010

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.