Anonymous

How many applications did it take for you to find your current or most recent job, how long did it take, and how many interviews did you do?

• Favorite Answer

When I made the decision to leave my previous employer, it took me just over 9 months to find a new position.  I sent dozens of resumes out, and went on upwards of 100 interviews (counting phone interviews, Skype interviews (pre-COVID), in-person, panel and interviews over meals).

• Judith

I'm now retired but I worked for one employer for 32 years.  I applied once, was interviewed once and was hired on the spot.  I applied for, and got, several promotions which I also applied for once and was interviewed once for each promotion.  It entailed moving to a different state and/or a different city within the same state but I was willing to move for the jobs.  I was mobile.  I was also smart, alert and a hard worker who often volunteered to take on jobs in addition to my assigned workloads.

• n2mama

My current job was an internal move, so I applied once, had a panel interview (which I did out of the country, since I was traveling for work at the time), and had a voicemail offering me the job when I got off the flight home. When I got hired by the company, I was already working, but saw a job I was interested in, so applied. They called me, I went through a series of five interviews before being offered the job. Total time from when I applied until I was offered the job was about three months.

One application, three years of waiting, then a 37 year career in the Post Office