Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 month ago

Do you send emails that just say 'Thank you'?

I've just joined a new company and I emailed my boss to do me a favour as I had some issues with something.

He fixed it, but is it appropriate to just send an email back saying 'Thanks!' .

As it's so short, but I want to show him I appreciate it. 

What are your views?

It really depends I always do it just to make sure my client see that I have received their email and am on to it. If you fell like it is not necessary don’t send it back it’s perfectly fine! 

• Lv 7

only if they REALLY saved my bacon.

otherwise, it becomes meaningless and expected...

Yes.  Do it all the time.  It is acknowledge that you are aware that he resolved the issue for you.  Plus it shows your appreciation.

And most bosses are glad when you keep things as short as possible so they do not have to waste time reading long and wordy messages.

(I am assuming that you are responding to an email that already has all the details of what was needed and what was done in it.  Otherwise a sentence or two to restate what happened would be appropriate.)

Thank on a case by case basis.  I sometimes just Tx in a reply to something the recipient did.  Other times it just seems fitting to let the issue and thread stop with no reply at all.

Just expand upon it. Instead of 'thanks,' write 'Thank you so much for (whatever he did that helped you). Hope you remain healthy and safe.'